Photos courtesy of City of Maricopa
This year’s Copa Night Market series of events was themed Time Machine and took visitors on a tour of five decades of history all in one night.
The event at Copper Sky Regional Park offered music, a car show and more than 70 food and shopping vendors.
“After three years of hosting the Balloon Glow at this time of year, we decided to try something different, and the community responded well,” said event planner and City of Maricopa Recreation Supervisor Brenda Campbell of the Jan. 18 event.
“It was great seeing residents checking out all of the cars, shopping from local vendors, and also out dancing to the awesome music of the various decades.”
Sixty car owners showcased their vehicles throughout the park grounds. Winners:
- Kids Choice: 1978 Pontiac Trans Am, Lorrie Schick, $100
- Crowd Favorite: 1967 Chevrolet El Camino, Tony Murell, $200
- 2nd Place Tie for Crowd Favorite: 1952 Oldsmobile Super 88, Paris Holman, 1957 Chevrolet 210, Scott Sullivan; each receiving a $25 gas gift card
- Mayor & Council Pick: 1978 Chevrolet Corvette, Dennis Margevich, $100
- Best in Show: 1941 Ford ½ Ton, Sam Clements, $250
The vinyl banners promoting the event, including stage backdrops representing each of the decades were printed by local entrepreneur Eliana Alley of RJA Enterprise, a high school junior at Maricopa High School.